The “What/Why/How Series” was created to give you quick facts on each High Heeled Homemaker Organic Skincare product. What it is, why it is different than other products on the market, and how to use it.
What is Baby Balm?
A multipurpose balm that can provide relief from diaper rash, eczema, psoriasis, sunburn, scratches, scrapes, burns and bug bites. Baby Balm contains the following ingredients:
Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Zinc Oxide (non-nano), Bentonite Clay, Essential Oils of Lavender, Tea Tree and a Soothe and Smooth Blend.
I created this product out of frustration when our 4th child struggled with diaper rash. She had very sensitive skin, and the slightest fever, teething, or even acidic foods would give her a horrible and painful rash on her bottom. I didn’t love the ingredients in some of the diaper creams I found. I used ingredients we already had on hand for our other DIY skincare products to create this soothing balm. Every ingredient has a healing property to quickly soothe irritated skin.
This product amazed me in how quickly it worked to clear her diaper rash. Her rash was usually gone within one application. That is when I started sharing with my sisters and friends. When they reported the same amazing benefits for their little ones, I knew we had a product that was not only safe, but super effective. We also tested it on eczema, burns, bug bites, and general scrapes and cuts. For our family, Baby Balm performed better than Triple Antibiotic cream to speed healing and prevent infection.
Why is it Different?
- Unlike other creams on the market, Baby Balm uses a blend of organic beeswax and zinc oxide to create a moisture barrier that is breathable, and Bentonite Clay to absorb moisture. This is much safer for skin than the Petroleum used in conventional creams, a known carcinogen.
- Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Essential Oils hydrate, nourish and soothe irritated skin.
- There is zero water added, so a little goes a long way. Also, no preservatives are needed.
- There are no artificial colors, fragrances, parabens, phthalates, animal testing or questionable ingredients.
How to Use Baby Balm
- When we say this is a multipurpose product, we mean it! Use as a traditional diaper cream for baby, but also for dry or cracked skin. It is great to soothe irritated skin from teething.
- Don’t keep this product just for the little ones. Use as an antibiotic ointment for cuts and scrapes, apply to bug bites, and burns to soothe and speed healing.
- Perfect for dry/irritated skin that needs extra attention. Helps lock in moisture.
- Apply to cold sores to speed healing, thanks to the antibacterial and antiviral properties in the carefully selected ingredients.
Let me show you exactly how this product is made? Check out the video on the High Heeled Homemaker YouTube Channel: